This Year's Theme: Octotecture!
- tentacle owners can choose a theme relevant to their own experience; i.e. Bill W. may prefer an architectural theme to his, possibly a tentacle grabbing or draped over a building. (something of an example here)
- all tentacles should have some unifying characteristics/textures and be in scale
- central tower will be built by filling a standard 32 gallon garbage can topped by a 5 gallon container, and possibly one or two smaller ones above that. Central octopodial mound from which tentacles emanate will be about twice the diameter of the tower. Details of how tower stairs will continue down particular tentacles tbd.
- If you have other ideas you want to post here, forward them to Paul, Peter or Bennett or just take some notes, draw some pictures and bring them on Sunday
- The thumbnails below refer to preliminary sketches - particularly note Page 2 for a vague notion of the overall look; other pages for specific tentacle ideas. This is just a first draft! It may also be the last! Bring your imagination.
- for further inspiration and some good building techniques, check out Sand Castle Central
Low tide will be at approximately 8:00am. High tide will be about 2:20pm. Kathleen Q. will be foreman (forewoman?) of the construction crew.
Bring pails, shovels and other interesting implements, sunscreen, towels, hats, food and drink (there will be barbeques available) (there is also a snack bar at the visitors center), cameras, and plenty of sand!
Please do not bring pets (unless they live in salt water), handguns, hostile microorganisms, bad attitudes, radioactive waste materials, televisions, Scandinavian furniture, encyclopedias, improperly handled raw pork products, bad weather, lice, robots, Etruscan pottery, canned processed cheese products, false idols, submarines, kryptonite, or any California gubenatorial candidates.